You can share your thoughts with your spouse. You can pass on what’s on your mind. But can you imagine how you will be able to express your deepest feelings?
Sharing your feelings with your spouse means you’re giving your heart to him or her. Here are ideas on how to express:
ü Know the difference between thoughts and feelings.
ü Say “I think” or “I feel” during discussions. “I feel” is more emphatic than “I think.”
ü Use “feeling” words like “love” and “like.”
ü Write feelings on paper for your spouse to read.
ü Talk about what makes you happy, sad, or worried.
1. Avoid saying things like, “Don’t worry”, “Be happy”, or “You shouldn’t think that way.”
2. Don’t try to make a decision simply based on the feelings your spouse expressed.
3. Find time to share your feelings, preferably on a daily basis.
4. Be an open-minded person.
5. Share only what’s true.
6. Be willing to sit down and talk.
Workable suggestions for marriage reconciliation after separation
Family is one of the most important institutions which normally find challenges. There are times when couples are forced to separate due to problems between themselves and this is done for a number of reasons. It is important to work out marriage reconciliation after separation for the sake of peace and the well-being of the whole family. Separation as previously mentioned is done for a number of reasons which include:
- Allowing both parties sometime to cool down and be able to look at the situation soberly.
- To allow the couple to weigh their position in the relationship on an individual level.
- To help the couple decide whether they are interested in settling things amicably.
What to do if one party is not willing to go on with marriage reconciliation after separation
In case the parties are willing to reconcile as many normally do, the couple is able to have a fresh start in the marriage and overcome the various challenges that could have led them to their separation. It is always the hope of all concerned parties that the couple will be able to work out reconciliation after separation and enjoy a happy marriage thereafter. Separation and reconciliation is a process that is double pronged and should be approached with openness. There are various steps that the couple must be willing to take in order for the marriage reconciliation after separation to work well.
Valuable suggestions on the steps to follow to make reconciliation after separation successful
- If marriage reconciliation after separation is to work, the couple must make the decision together. This should not be a decision made by one party on behalf of the other spouse and must not be forced. Even if the decision to separate was made by one party who decided to walk away, the reconciliation will have to involve a joint decision for it to succeed.
- Each spouse must be able to acknowledge the role they played for the problem to arise if marriage reconciliation after separation is to succeed. This must be done without accusations and counter-accusations if the healing process is to begin. The spouses must be willing to approach the process with an open heart and be sincere for the sake of their marriage. Sometimes this will be tough and painful and will require that each partner swallow their pride, but the truth is that it must be done for the marriage reconciliation after separation to work.
- After the acknowledgement of their role, each partner must be willing to ask for forgiveness from the other party. This should be followed by each of them pointing out how they intend to approach things differently in order to relate well.
- Mostly, the problems that caused the separation do not disappear overnight. There is a need to come up with a reconciliation plan, stating a road map to be followed in order for the couple to reconcile. Some of the habits or things that caused the separation might be tough to deal with, but there must be sacrifice and a clear plan on how to do things differently if the marriage reconciliation after separation is to bear fruit. These steps should be reviewed to know whether the couple is succeeding.
- The couple should also consider recommitting themselves to each other and this can be done by repeating the wedding vows as a sign of dedication to the marriage. This should come from the heart.
The marriage reconciliation after separation is not a walk in the park and each spouse must be willing to pay the necessary price.
Incoming search terms:
- reconciliation after separation
- reconciling after separation
- how to reconcile after separation
- marriage reconciliation
- reconciliation marriage after separation
- reconcile marriage after separation
- marriage reconciliation plan
- reconcile after separation
- how to reconcile a marriage after separation
- reconciling marriage after separation
Categories: Can A Marriage Be Saved?, Causes Of Divorce, Causes Of Marital Failure, Challenges Of Interracial Marriages, Commitment, Common Marital Problems, Common Mistakes Interfaith Couples Make, Dos and Don'ts for Interracial Married Couples Tags: Can A Marriage Be Saved?, Common Marital Problems, Divorce, Marriage reconciliation after separation, Relationship Problems